At -1.0 vs 0.7 ahead of ECB Rate Decision. The Euro did not have too much of a reaction and stayed in a congested rebound but has set up short-term resistance 1.3357.
EUR-USD H1 Chart:
Although no rate change is expected the IMF is pressuring the ECB to slash rates because the debt situation threatened a 2nd round of recession. There are some that think the ECB should cut rates to 1.0% from the current 1.5%. Trichet will be reluctant to make such a move with inflation above the ECB's target of 2.0% although there is a remote possiblity the European Central Bank will cut rates by 25 basis points from 1.50% to 1.25%. The bigger issue at this point seems to be the Greek situation so they will likely take a wait and see approach with Greece and then gauge the economic situation. Unless there are strong economic figures the Greece situation and sovereign debt crisis (in regards to defaults and ability to pay) will take the center stage.
- Japan Intervenes to Weaken Yen
- Peter Schiff Debates With Wall Street Occupiers
- CrossTalk: Euro Haircut
- Eurozone Debt Issues Overshadow Technicals
- If Greece Default.... Is US Next?
- Final Attempt To Save Euro Concluded?
- Obama is a cockroach!!!
- Breaking News: NY police begin arresting protester...
- Economist Yanis Varoufakis: "Greek banks already b...
- war-crimes by Oakland Police - 3rd world tactics
- EUR-USD Batlle of Support and Resistance
- There Will Be A 2nd EFSF Meeting on Wednesday
- free mt4 indicators
- Euro trying to break out of range on "optimism"
- Are the Bulls Really in control of the market?
- Europe Pledges To Fix Banks Not Good Enough
- Dow Jones Industrial (DJI30 - Big Cap Stocks)
- EUR-USD, Major Equities, Gold breakout
- Alcoa 3rd Quarter Earnings Disappointing
- Slovakia Rejects EFSF Bailout Fund
- US Dollar finds ground / short-term rally in Asia ...
- Wallstreet Protestors - Occupy Wall Street have go...
- Will Greece Default? If So When? In October, Befo...
- Crude Oil Threatens to go Back into The $80's
- Euro-Zone Retail Sales (YOY-AUG) Surprise Forcast ...
- Pound Moving Lower Before BOE Meeting
- Dollar weakens in short-time frame, Equities tryin...
- Today's Market Notes Oct. 04, 2011
- Looks like my simple but effective analysis was sp...
- Big day of losses - Video Report Dow Jones Industr...
- Will Be Posting Charts Later
- ▼ October (31)