Greek 50% haircut of debt but has it solved the Euro problem? Johann Van Overtveldt says it's just buying time and a similar action will have to happen to Portugal. Under the agreement Greece will be allowed to hold debt-to-gdp well above 100% (target is 120% from the current 160%) with a deadline of 2020 which is not a major achievement by any means.
Van Overtveldt said the recession will likely deepen for Greece because they will have to cut expenditures to increase taxes and Greece will be back on the Euro negotiation tables within 6 months.
"not a structural resolution"
"they are afraid to bite the bullet"
"there is only 1 solution for Greece - to leave the Eurozone"
"there is a huge problem brewing in Portugal"
Johan Van Overtveldt is in charge of Belgium's leading financial magazine and concidered a distinguished Belgian economist.
Will Europe's 'big bazooka' hit its target? Post-game analysis for Euro summit:
ISDA's Geen Says Greek Accord Unlikely to Trigger CDS
- Japan Intervenes to Weaken Yen
- Peter Schiff Debates With Wall Street Occupiers
- CrossTalk: Euro Haircut
- Eurozone Debt Issues Overshadow Technicals
- If Greece Default.... Is US Next?
- Final Attempt To Save Euro Concluded?
- Obama is a cockroach!!!
- Breaking News: NY police begin arresting protester...
- Economist Yanis Varoufakis: "Greek banks already b...
- war-crimes by Oakland Police - 3rd world tactics
- EUR-USD Batlle of Support and Resistance
- There Will Be A 2nd EFSF Meeting on Wednesday
- free mt4 indicators
- Euro trying to break out of range on "optimism"
- Are the Bulls Really in control of the market?
- Europe Pledges To Fix Banks Not Good Enough
- Dow Jones Industrial (DJI30 - Big Cap Stocks)
- EUR-USD, Major Equities, Gold breakout
- Alcoa 3rd Quarter Earnings Disappointing
- Slovakia Rejects EFSF Bailout Fund
- US Dollar finds ground / short-term rally in Asia ...
- Wallstreet Protestors - Occupy Wall Street have go...
- Will Greece Default? If So When? In October, Befo...
- Crude Oil Threatens to go Back into The $80's
- Euro-Zone Retail Sales (YOY-AUG) Surprise Forcast ...
- Pound Moving Lower Before BOE Meeting
- Dollar weakens in short-time frame, Equities tryin...
- Today's Market Notes Oct. 04, 2011
- Looks like my simple but effective analysis was sp...
- Big day of losses - Video Report Dow Jones Industr...
- Will Be Posting Charts Later
- ▼ October (31)